Lower Easton Colliery
Coalworks at Lower Easton, near Bristol, located east of St Mark’s Road and south of the Coombe Brook (Hinton Road, Greenbank) in the parish of St George, now demolished. It was known as Lower Easton Colliery, Easton Coalworks or Old Easton Pit.
1833 Leonard, Betts and Boult listed as proprietors of the Lower Easton Colliery.[1]
1836 Leonard, Boult and Co listed as proprietors following a merger between Davidson and Waters and Leonard, Betts and Boult's two collieries in Lower Easton.
Lower Easton Colliery was still operational in the 1840s, but it isn’t clear when it ceased to function after that. Leonard, Boult and Co were listed in local directories as ‘coal proprietors’ at Lower Easton until 1861, after which their address was Easton Colliery.
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ 1833 Mathews' Directory
- Jenni Butterworth/7 January 2024 - Drakon Heritage and Conservation