Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 144,990 pages of information and 230,624 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex.
1927 Lucozade was first manufactured by William Owen, a Newcastle chemist, who experimented for several years to provide a source of energy for those who are sick. It became available throughout the UK for use in hospitals under the name Glucozade.
1929 Name changed to the recognizable Lucozade.
1938 The company became part of the Beecham Group.