Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,009 pages of information and 229,287 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Marsham Tyre Co

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
1922/1925. Romney Street and Charlotte Street Offices.
1932. Bristol office.
1932. At Croydon.
1932-37 The Marsham Headquarters.
1935. At Birmingham.
1936. Chiswick.
1936. Colchester.
1936. Ipswich.
1936. Guildford and Blackburn.
1936/7. Leeds office.
1937. Brixton.
1937. Nottingham.
1937. Watford
April 1951.
1953.

of London.

1920 Founded on Marshall Street.

View the Marsham: 1920-1938 Company Booklet.

1922 Due to the idea of a firm dealing exclusively in tyres appealing strongly to the Motor Trade, it was necessary for the company to move to Romney Street in Westminster to accommodate space ten times larger than the previous occupations at Marsham Street.

1925 The company needed yet more space for production so set up in Charlotte Street.

1925 Marsham built their first provincial tyre station at Albion Street, Leeds. They also expanded to Bristol.

1932 A vast new central tyre station of the most modern design was erected at Whitfield Street, neat Tottenham Court Road in the heart of London.

1932 Marsham built a service station at Hull, and suburban station at Croydon.

1930s Built several depots around the country.

1936 Acquired Hollingsworth's Tyre Services.

1963 Motor Show exhibitor. Garage equipment.[1]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information