Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,744 pages of information and 211,898 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Parliament Chambers, Westminster, London
1905 The company was registered on 29 April, as the Sir Hiram Maxim Electrical Co, to acquire the business of manufacturers of all kinds of arc and incandescent electric lamps, formerly owned by the Sir Hiram Maxim Electrical and Engineering Co. 
1906 The name was changed to the present title.