Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,937 pages of information and 233,602 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Donington House, Norfolk Street, Strand, London
1898 The company was registered on 23 June, and acquired the right to construct a light railway about 3.5 miles in length in the town and district of Merthyr Tydfil, and also the right to supply electric power in the urban district of Merthyr Tydfil.
1908 The railways are held in perpetuity, subject to the rights of the local authorities to purchase after 16 May 1924, or at the expiration of any subsequent period of seven years, on payment of the fair market value thereof as a going concern, and the electric lighting undertaking is subject to similar terms of purchse within six months after 1 August 1924, and every subsequent ten years, while the local authority is entitled within six months after 1 August 1941, and every subsequent ten years, or any subsequent period of ten years, to purchase the elctric light undertaking upon the terms defined in the Electric Lighting Act of 1888.