Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,946 pages of information and 233,606 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Evelyn House, 101 Finsbury Pavement, London
1894 The company was registered on November 21st as the Metropolitan Tramways and Omnibus Company.
1902 The name was changed to the present title.
1904 The first section of the County of Middlesex light railways, namely a connecting line between Tottenham and Wood Green, was opened in August, and is worked by the company in connection with the reconstructed tramways. Other sections of these lines were opened in 1904, 1905 and 1906, and 22 miles are now in operation.
1908 The County Councils of Middlesex and Hertford have agreed to lease to the company a system of light railway which will ultimately extend into the following districts: Willesden, Edgware, Hendon, Finchley, Barnet, Wood Green, Southgate, Enfield, Tottenham, Edmonton and Cheshunt. The cost of constructing the lines and widening the roads is borne by the County Councils. 
1913 Consolidation of interests with those of London United Tramways Co; taken over by the London and Suburban Traction Co (LSTC), jointly owned by Underground Electric Railways Co and British Electric Traction Co.