Midland Great Western Railway
of Broadstone Station, Dublin
The Midland Great Western Railway (MGWR) main line extended from Broadstone in Dublin to the Midlands, (Mullingar, to Athlone) and onwards to Galway and Clifden in what is now the Republic of Ireland. At its peak there were a number of branch lines. 
1845 The company was incorporated and under the charter the Royal Canal, which had cost £1,5000,000, was purchased for £298,059.
The railway was opened in the following order;-
- Dublin- Enfield, June 28th, 1847;
- Enfield- Kinnegad, December 26th, 1847;
- Kinnegad - Mullingar, October 2nd, 1848;
- Mullingar-Galway, August 1st, 1851.
- Mullingar-Longford, November 8th, 1855.
1888 See Locomotive Stock June 1888.
1908 The length of line owned is 516.5 miles. 
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia
- The Engineer 1924/11/21
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908