Minehead Railway

Originally an independent extension of the West Somerset Railway it was opened in 1874.
1866 Incorporated to construct a line of 8.75 miles from Watchet and Minehead
1868 Engineer is R. P. Brereton.[1]
1882 It was converted to standard gauge.
1923 Became part of the Great Western Railway.
See Also
Sources of Information
- Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies by Christopher Awdry. Published 1990
- [1] Wikipedia