of Charles Street, Oxford Road, Chorlton-on-Medlock, Manchester.
- Proprietors: James & Wainwright Bellhouse
- Goad's Insurance Plans for Manchester, Map 52 shows the arrangement of the mill buildings c.1899. There were three interconnected eight storey mill buildings labelled Mills A, B, & C, with additional buildings which included three horizontal boilers, a forge, and reeling and blowing rooms. The site was bounded by the curving River Medlock and, on the eastern side, by the viaduct of the railway linking Oxford Road and London Road (now Piccadilly) stations, while beyond the western boundary was a timber yard (previously occupied by Medlock New Mill, as shown on the 1849 O.S. map). One of the arches of the viaduct was partly occupied by the mill’s 'Grinding House'. Access to the mill appears to have been through another arch from Pritchard Street. The site is now a car park. Note: The c.1899 Goad Plan shows that on the opposite (north eastern) bank of the Medlock were the extensive premises of James and John M. Worrall, Bleachers & Finishers.
- An excellent account of the mill and its history is available online 
Sources of Information
- ↑ Bellhouse Family History Pages