Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,135 pages of information and 233,678 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway was a 149 miles 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in) metre gauge line owned by the provincial government and operated by the state railways. The line ran from Nagpur via Tumsar - Gondia and Dongargarh to Rajnandgaon.
The initial section from Nagpur to Tumsar was opened on 6 July 1880, continuing to Tirora on 21 February 1881, Gondia on 18 May 1881, Amgaon on 25 November 1881 and completed to Rajnandgaon on 16 February 1882.
1885 149 miles in operation
1888 The Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway was transferred to state ownership to be operated by the Bengal-Nagpur Railway and was converted to Broad gauge, which marked the beginning of the Bengal Nagpur Railway.
1888 onwards: New track was laid from Rajnandgaon to Asansol.