1930s to late 1940s, Nelco Industries made a three-wheeled battery powered vehicle. Steering was by means of a tiller connected to the front wheel. The tiller also provided speed control. Forward or reverse by a separate control. The 24 volt electric motor could act as a generator to recharge the battery when going downhill. The motor was 24 volt.
1929 Introduced the 36-volt Solocar designed by Leonard Murphy
1952 Production rights sold to Reselco who continued the production until 1967 when some 3,000 had been produced