Nuclear Enterprises Ltd specialised in R&D on nuclear instruments for atomic energy, medical and industrial research, and in ultrasonic equipment. Associate companies included Nuclear Enterprises, of Winnipeg (1949), and Saunders-Roe and Nuclear Enterprises, of London (1959).
1960 Royal visit to Nuclear Enterprises (G.B.)
1966 Received a Queen's Award to Industry
1967 Nuclear Enterprises (G.B.) took the lead in rationalization of the nucleonics industry in Britain with backing from the Industrial Reorganisation Corporation to bring together British companies in the nuclear instrumentation field - these were the nucleonics activities of EMI and those of Elliott Automation, namely Isotope Developments Ltd
1968 Nuclear Enterprises gave up its minority stake in Saunders-Roe and Nuclear Enterprises
1980 The medical ultrasonics products were not part of the deal when EMI sold its medical scanner business; instead they were sold to H. G. Fischer Inc of USA, and a new company formed for them - Fischer Ultrasound
1987 Company sold to its management; headquarters in Beenham, Berks; manufacturing continued in Edinburgh until 1995