Nunn Mills
on the River Nene, Northampton
Established before 1403. Became known as Queen Joan's Mills, later contracted to Quengeons Mill. By 1827 known as Nunn Mills. Leased by Joseph Westley in 1864 and fitted with a steam engine. Later proprietors: Joseph Westley & Sons; Westley Bros & Clark; then became part of Hovis in 1945, producing wholemeal flour until 1961. Vitovis then produced animal feedstuffs until 1968. Subsequently occupied by Avon Cosmetics [1]
1870: Advertisement: For sale: a good second hand 10 HP vertical steam engine by Fairbairn at Nunn Mills, Northampton. Apply Jos Westley [2]