Nutmeg Grove Sugar Factory, Tobago













1767 Earliest record of the estate where the owners were James and Thomas Lucas and John Evans
1832 Owners were Chauncey Lang and Co.
1847 Terrible hurricane in Tobago where it was still called Nutmeg Grove.
1862 Owner was Thomas Blakeley.
1881 Owner was Alma Estate.
Notes
1856 Sugar Cane machinery shown was manufactured by Stakeford Foundry and George Fletcher and Co
Photographs courtesy of Arlene Blade (2015)