P. Webley and Son
1817 Mr. William Davis started the business, for the manufacture of gun implements and materials.
1845 the business was bought by his son-in-law, Mr. Philip Webley.
With the growth of breech-loaders, the company's business changed to the manufacture of guns and rifles, and later of revolvers.
1858 It became known by the name of Webley. It was one of the few works making revolvers in the country.
1888 After Philip Webley, his son Thomas William Webley continued as a gunmaker[1]
1889 May. Paris Exhibition. Light weapons.[2]
1896 Merged with W. and C. Scott as Webley and Scott
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ National Probate Calendar
- ↑ The Engineer 1889/05/03 p363