February 1959. Aeroflex Fluvent.
of Fluvent Electrical Works, Longsight, Manchester.
1899 Vernon Hope acquired Donnison, Parmiter and Barber. Mr. Parmiter dropped out but his name remained, the firm then trading as Parmiter and Hope.
1901 Mr. Hope was joined by Vincent Henry Sugden, and the firm became Parmiter, Hope and Sugden.
1911 Exhibitor of the switch-fuse for starting AC motors at the 1911 Electrical Exhibition 
1914 Company incorporated.
1946 Public issue of shares. Vernon Hope is Chairman and MD. Maker of the Aeroflex fuse. 
1949 E. W. Sugden becomes Chairman and MD after the late Vernon Hope. 
1956 43rd AGM. Makers of the Fluvent Switchgear. Acquired J. F. Collier and Co. 
1964 51st AGM. Eric W. Sugden is Chairman. 
1967 Company name changed to Fluvent Electric 
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Times, Wednesday, Oct 04, 1911
- ↑ The Times, Wednesday, Oct 23, 1946
- ↑ The Times, Tuesday, Dec 20, 1949
- ↑ The Times, Thursday, Aug 30, 1956
- ↑ The Times, Friday, Aug 21, 1964
- ↑ The Times, Friday, Sep 01, 1967