
Camp Coffee Works - Glasgow.
London Office 36, East Cheap, London E.C.
See Camp Coffee
Established 1849.
1800s Robert Patterson, a Vinegar Merchant.
1868 His son Campbell Paterson joined the business of R. Paterson and Sons and they began to produce sauces and wines.
1874 Robert Patterson died and the company began to make a coffee drink that could be easily prepared, asked for by the Gordon Highlanders.
1904 Change of partnership. 'The Firm of R. PATERSON AND SONS, Manufacturing Chemists in Glasgow, and Proprietors of "Camp Coffee" and "Golden Grain Malt Vinegar," was dissolved on 1st October, 1904, by the retiral of the Subscriber Walter Paterson. The Subscriber Campbell Paterson, as the remaining Partner, has acquired right to the whole assets, including goodwill of the dissolved firm, and will discharge its liabilities. He has assumed as Partners his sons, the Subscribers Robert Paterson and James Davidson Paterson, who have for some time been connected with the business, which will be continued under the same Firm name of R. Paterson and Sons.'[1]
1909 R. Paterson and Sons Limited, of 77 Charlotte Street, Glasgow, was registered as a private company, with capital of £63,001, to take over and carry on the business of that name, coffee merchants and manufacturers.[2]
1974 Daniel Jenks merged his business with Patterson to form Paterson Jenks.
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ The London Gazette Publication date:18 October 1904 Issue:27724 Page:6676
- ↑ The Scotsman 24 July 1909
- National Records of Scotland BT2/7203