Originally incorporated as the Ely Tidal Harbour and Railway, this line changed its name in 1857. The line opened in 1859. [1]
1856 The company was incorporated.
1865 Having commissioned the Penarth Dock, this facility was opened.
1889 Engineer is Sir John Fowler.[2]
1908 The company is leased for 999 years to the Taff Vale Railway. [3]
1923 Became part of the Great Western Railway [4]