Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,446 pages of information and 230,060 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
c1863 This was the first of the Frindsbury works to be sublet. The land was leased by James Benjamin Parker
c.1875 The works were erected (perhaps by William Tingey, the landowner). Parker formed the Phoenix Portland Cement Company and took out a lease on the works on 29th September 1875.
1889 Phoenix leased additional land and extended the works which subsequently degenerated
1900 Became part of Associated Portland Cement Manufacturers but the works had been more or less abandoned.