Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,363 pages of information and 233,846 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The Quakers Yard and Merthyr Railway was a railway company in South Wales. It was owned jointly by the Great Western Railway and the Rhymney Railway. The line was of six miles length. It opened in 1886
At its southern end, the line connected to the Vale of Neath line of the Great Western Railway (GWR) at Joint Line Junction, just west of Quakers Yard High Level railway station. The line ran up the Vale of Merthyr, and at the northern end it connected to the Merthyr branch of the Vale of Neath line at Cyfarthfa Junction.
Passenger trains over the line ran between Merthyr Tydfil and Cardiff. The services ended in 1951.