R. Walker and Sons (Leicester)
of Rutland Street and Charles Street, Leicester.
Established in 1755.
Incorporated as a private Limited Company in 1909.
1914 Directors: Theodore Walker, W. Ralph Walker, Ernest T. Walker, Kenneth R. Walker, and William H. Breward. One of the oldest and most celebrated _firms in the trade. Their name is known all over the world. Premises: Abbey Park Mills, Abbey Meadow Mills, Leicester; Fleckney, near Leicester; Shepshed, near Leicester; Coalville, near Leicester; and Hawick, Scotland. The factories are principally scattered throughout the County of Leicester, and cover a very large area. Two of the mills are situated close to the Abbey where Cardinal Wolsey died, and it is owing to this fact that the Company adopted the famous "Wolsey" trade mark. Staff: Large; employing, it is claimed, more hands than any other Underwear firm in the Kingdom. Specialities: All classes of Hosiery, Underwear, Knitted goods. Trade Mark: " Wolsey "