Rankin and Blackmore
Eagle Foundry, Baker Street, Greenock, were makers of steam engines for marine use.
1862 The Eagle Foundry of Johnstone and Leitch was bought by Daniel Rankin and Edward Blackmore, who quickly diversified from the manufacture of sugar making machinery into marine engines and boilers.
1889 See 1889 Shipbuilding Statistics for detail of the marine engines produced.
1914 Incorporated as a private company, Rankin and Blackmore Limited.
1925 See Aberconway for information on shipbuilding h.p produced in 1904 and 1925
1946 Built for 'PS Bristol Queen' of Bristol.
1961 Engineers, boiler makers and ironfounders, specialising in ships' engines and steering gear. 
1962 Closure announced.
1967 Voluntary liquidation.
Sources of Information
- John Shields, Clyde Built: A history of Shipbuilding on the River Clyde (1949), p.136
- L. A. Ritchie, The Shipbuilding Industry: A Guide to Historical Records (1992)
- National Records of Scotland BT2/1968/327
- Edinburgh Gazette 31st March 1967
- Stationary Steam Engines of Great Britain by George Watkins. Vol 10