Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 132,806 pages of information and 210,387 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
c.1865 Established by John Grant (d.).
Purchased in 1885 by Sidney Robinson.
Joined in 1886 by T. W. David.
Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1900.
1914 Directors: Alderman T. W. David, J.P. (Chairman), F. W. Hybart, W. Morris, T. W. Thomas, H. T. Abbott. The business has rapidly in creased since foundation. Now occupies a prominent place amongst the importing houses of the country. Premises: Including the branch businesses, cover about fifteen acres. Branches: Port Talbot, Neath, Carmarthen, Pembroke Dock, Milford Haven, Haverfordwest, Newcastle-Emlyn. Business: Importing from all parts of the world almost every variety of Wood on an extensive scale. The Preservation of Wood by Creosoting. Believed to be the largest Saw Mill Proprietors in the United Kingdom.