Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,398 pages of information and 233,518 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 70a Basinghall Street, London
Rochet-Schneider produced an engine design that was used with with Lorries and Buses.
1903 See H. H. P. Deasy and Co.
Edouard Rochet and his father were bicycle manufacturers before entering motorcar production. In 1894 they were joined by Theophile Schneider, a relative of the eponymous armaments family.
Between 1895 and 1901, the company built approximately 240 single cylinder cars "Benz-type" cars.
At the 1901 Paris Salon, the company introduced a range of two and four-cylinder cars.
Around 1903, these were redesigned along similar lines to Mercedes.
In 1904 the company was sold for 4.5 million francs and a London-based company called "Rochet-Schneider Ltd." was formed. Production averaged less than 250 cars year
By late 1907 the company was in liquidation.
1905 The company, Rochet and Schneider, registered on 13 January, to acquire the business of La Societe Lyonnaise de Construction d'Automobiles Rochet Schneider. 
1920 1.5 and 2.5 chassis were introduced. They had a larger 18 bhp four cylinder engine. These engines were known for their great durability.
A few chassis were sold in Britain during the 1920s.