of Dorincourt, Leatherhead, Surrey. Telephone: Oxshott 2440. Cables: "Ronson, Leatherhead" Works at Leatherhead and Norbury, Surrey, North Shields, Northumberland and Northampton. Showrooms and Export: Ronson House, Strand, London, WC2. (1947)
1886 Ronson began in the USA, when Louis V. Aronson formed The Art Metal Company.
1897 The company patented the world’s first sulphur ignition ’safety match’.
1910 The company patented the first lighter, a spark-producing device called the ‘Pist-o-liter'.
1913 The company patented the ‘Wonderliter,’ the first lighter to sustain a flame.
1920s Mr Aronson dropped the 'A', and used the Ronson branding from then on.
1929 Private company.
1930 The UK subsidiary, Ronson Products Ltd, opened its offices in Battersea, South London.
1947 British Industries Fair Advert for Lighters, Ronsonol, Fire Prevention Ashtray. (Jewellery, etc. Section - Olympia, First Floor, Stand No. F.1852) and Manufacturers of Chrome-Plate and Electro-Plate Fancy Articles. (Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. D.1610) 
1951 Colour advert on this page. 
By the end of the 1950s, Ronson were producing up to 15,000 Varaflame lighters a day.
1961 Manufacturers of pocket and table lighters, electric shavers and domestic electrical appliances. 1,700 employees. 
1980/81 Ronson sold its international subsidiaries and released all the international rights.
2008 Ronson Ltd is the holding company for the group and holds trademark rights to every country except North America, Australia and Japan. Ronson International Ltd is the operating branch of Ronson Ltd.