Royal Signals and Radar Establishment
1957 renamed the Royal Radar Establishment.
1959 control of the establishment passed to the Ministry of Aviation
1967 responsibility for the establishment passed to the Ministry of Technology
1970 responsibility passed to the Ministry of Aviation Supply
1971 responsibility was undertaken by the Ministry of Defence.
1976 the Signals Research and Development Establishment was moved from Christchurch to Malvern and the Services Electronics Research Laboratory at Baldock also moved to Malvern; these two establishments were merged with Royal Radar Establishment to form the Royal Signals and Radar Establishment. RRE's guided weapons responsibilities passed to the Royal Aircraft Establishment at Farnborough.
1979 The University of Hull, the Ministry of Defence (RSRE) and BDH Chemical Co won The Queen's Award for Technological Achievement for the development of liquid crystals.
RSRE eventually became part of Defence Evaluation Research Agency (D.E.R.A.)