Rushden District Gas Co
of Rushden
Rushden and Higham Ferrers District Gas Co was formed in 1892 to acquire the then existing Rushden Gas and Coke Co and the High Ferrers Gas and Coke Co. In 1899 the Rushden and Higham Ferrers Gas Act re-incorporated the company without its Ltd title and set the supply limits as Rushden, Higham Ferrers, part of Chelveton-cum-Caldecot, Newton Bromshold, Wymington, Poddington and Yeldon. The company expanded with the passing of the Rushden District Gas Act, 1946 which allowed the purchase of Raunds Gas Light and Coke Co Ltd on 1.1.1947 and changed the company name to the Rushden District Gas Co.[1]