Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,516 pages of information and 233,948 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Bond Street and 29 Chapel Street, Belgrave Square, London
1794 The Savory and Moore company started as a chemist's shop in London, established by Thomas Paytherus.
1797 Thomas Field Savory joined the company.
1806 Thomas Field Savory and Thomas Moore became partners in the company.
1849 After the first store in Bond Street prospered, another shop was opened near Belgrave Square.
1876 The company registered trademarks for American dentrifice, tooth powder, medicines and perfumes. The company at this time had three shops in London and one in Brighton. It also showed that the company were chemists to Queen Victoria.
1928 Acquire Arnold and Sons
1968 The shop near Belgrave Square closed, the contents being passed to the Wellcome Trust.
1992 Lloyds Pharmacy took over the business, and now owns all trademarks for the company.