School of Ballooning: Beta
Note: This is a sub-section of School of Ballooning.
This was the Baby that had been improved with an increased capacity of 35,000 cubic feet and the REP engine replaced by a 35-hp Green.
The trials started in May 1910 and it was in constant use making several trips to London during the year.
She made one flight of more than seven hours and flew a total of 3,000 miles before being decommissioned.
She was modified in August 1912 and became the Beta II.
Beta was replaced by the Gamma
Sources of Information
- The Royal Aircraft Factory by Paul R. Hare. ISBN, 0-85177-843-7
- The Airship by Christopher Sprigg. Published c1931