Blast furnaces, foundries and a forge.
1856 Established by Messrs. Fowler and Hankey
1864 Acquired by Sheepbridge Coal and Iron Co
1872 'Huge Casting — On Saturday morning, a huge casting, weighing 30 tons, was removed from the Sheepbridge Iron Works over the new line to Sheffield where it is to form the bed of a steam hammer at the new works of Messrs. Brown, Bailey, and Dixon. It was placed upon a truck made to carry a weight of 40 tons, and the size of the metal was such that it necessary to "block" both lines of rail during its transit.'
Later floated as a limited company by the same group who acquired the Staveley property.