Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,417 pages of information and 233,868 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
On 29 July 1862, the West Shropshire Mineral Railway, was authorised, which was to be a 13.75 mile line from Westbury (on the Shrewsbury to Welshpool line) to Llanymynech, but it was not constructed. Subsequently, another plan was laid out that would carry not only minerals, but also passengers, the ‘’’Shrewsbury and North Wales Railway’’’. The proposed extent of the railway was from Redhill, where it would join the Shrewsbury to Welshpool line, to Llanymynech. There would be branches between Llanymynech to Llanyblodwel and from Kinnerley to Criggion.
1866 The new venture was combined with the Shrewsbury and North Wales Railway. This amalgamation resulted in the formation of the Potteries, Shrewsbury and North Wales Railway in August of that year..
However by December, services on the railway had to stop due to financial difficulty.
There was no service on the railway until 1868.