St. Julian's Railway Bridge

It carries the Welsh Marches Line across the river in a north—south direction. Due to the meanderings of the river, all the other crossings are east—west.
The line was originally opened in 1874 by the Pontypool, Caerleon and Newport Railway. Close to the bridge there is a stone half buried in the ground with the year 1866 etched in it.
See Also
Sources of Information
- [1] Wikipedia