Stableford and Co


of Coalville, Leics.
1862 Company established by John W. Stableford.
1878 Purchased by William Stableford, formerly managing director of the Oldbury Railway Carriage Co.
1900 Incorporated as a limited company.
1914 Railway carriage and wagon builders, manufacturers of railway plant of all descriptions, engineers and contractors, manufacturers of railway rolling stock for home, colonial and foreign railways. Employees 900 to 1,200. [1]
1929 Their extensive premises offered for sale.[2]
1931 Part of the premises were occupied by Pegson Ltd who moved from Leicester.
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ 1914 Whitakers Red Book
- ↑ See advertisement