Staups Mill, Hebden Bridge
in Jumble Hole Clough, near Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire
Now in a ruinous state, the mill was built in the late 18thC. In 1781 it was owned by Thomas Eastwood and occupied by Richard Horsfall. It was later owned by Richard, and then by John Horsfall owned it, and he continued cotton-spinning there until 1834. It was then occupied by James Bent, and in 1841 the mill by Thomas Stansfield. By 1861 it was owned by William Horsfall and probably run by William Dickinson. c.1860 William Gill was making calico. 1879 sold to Ellen Vint, a relative of William Horsfall. In September 1896 part of the upper dam collapsed, and the torrent caused severe damage.[1]