T. G. John
1919 Thomas John purchased the rights to a new four-cylinder engine designed by Geoffrey de Freville. With the engine came the rights to the name Alvis.
1921 The company changed its name to the Alvis Car and Engineering Company Ltd and moved production to Holyhead Road, Coventry
1922 George Thomas Smith-Clarke joined the business.
Sources of Information
- A-Z of British Stationary Engines by Patrick Knight. Published 1996. ISBN 1 873098 37 5