The Engineer 1864/05/20
1864 May 20th PDF
- Allen's Valves and Cocks, p 305. (Illustrated)
- Clark's Improvements in the Means of Fastening Rails for Railways, p 308. (Illustrated)
- Davies' Manufacture of Iron and Steel, p 304. (Illustrated)
- Editorial, p 309.
- The Flow of Water over Weirs.
- Welsh and North Country Coal.
- Exhibited Machinery of 1862, p 301.
- Horses Power of Boilers, p 309.
- Induration of Iron, p 307.
- Institution of Naval Architects, The Forms, Armament, Materials and Construction of Vessels of War, by G. R. Sartorious, p 305
- General Construction of Armour-Plated Ships by, Edward Belcher.
- Merits of Broadside Guns and Turret Guns by Norman Scott Russell.
- Construction and Equipment of Vessels of War, by Alexander McLaine.
- Construction and Propulsion of Twin-Screw Vessels, by T. E. Symonds.
- Description of a New Iron-clad Ship by R. H. Napier.
- Modes of Arranging and Securing the Plates of iron Ships,by W. J. M. Letty.
- Uniform Power Expansion Marine Engines, by E. A. Cowper.
- Policy of Future Naval Construction, by J. H. Selwyn.
- Education of Naval Architects by Joseph Woolley.
- Combined System of Wood and Iron in Shipbuilding, by J. Grantham, C. Lamport and G. L. Abegg.
- The Action of Waves upon a Ship's Keel, by W. J. Macquorn Rankine.
- Uneasy Rolling of Ships by W. J. Macquorn Rankine.
- Johnson's Life and Swimming Belts, p 308. (Illustrated)
- Letters to the Editor, p 302.
- Locomotive Boiler Explosions, p 310.
- Patent Journal, p 311.
- Prevention of Rust in Iron, by C. H. Smith, p 303.