British Industrial History
The Engineer 1871/09/22
From Graces Guide
1871 September 22nd PDF
- Breech Loading Ordnance of the Middle Ages. p 195.
- Daily Motion of a Brick Tower Caused by Solar Heat - By Professor C. G. Rockwood, p 198.
- Details of the Works at the Junction of the Fleet Ditch with Low Level Sewer, Blackfriars, p 196 and p 200. (Illustrated).
- Editorial, p 201.
- The Nine Hours' Movement.
- The Thames Conservancy.
- Railways in Turkey.
- Excursion of the Iron and Steel Institute in Staffordshire and Shropshire, continued from p 186, p 195.
- Fleet and the Northern Main Drainage, p 204.
- Frankford Arsenal, Philadelphia, p 205.
- Howatson's Heating and Puddling Furnaces, p 197. (Illustrated).
- Hipkiss' Improvements in Hardening Steel Pens, p 205. (Illustrated).
- On the Construction of Traction Engines (No. VI), p 193.
- Progress in Russia (No. I), p 194.
- Tooth's Pasture Renovator or Grass Drill, p 205.
Sources of Information