British Industrial History
The Engineer 1924/08/08
From Graces Guide
1924 August 08th PDF
- A Hundred Years of Electrical Engineering, - Address by Professor G. W. O. Howe of the British Association, p 166 - p 167.
- A Seven-Day Journal, p 149.
- British Wire-Drawing and Wire-Working Machinery, (No. IV) - Wire-Drawing Blocks, p 164 - p 166. (Illustrated).
- Conference on the Generation and Distribution of Electrical Energy, p 158.
- Editorial, p 161 - p 162.
- Railway Track.
- Proposed Combination of Steel Producers.
- Large Plate-Bending Rolls at Swansea, p 168 - p 169. (Illustrated).
- One Hundred Years of British Railways, (No. VI), Part I. - The Stockton and Darlington Railway and its Predecessors - Early Track, p 156 - p 157. (Illustrated).
- Shingle Beaches and the Wear of Concrete, by Dr. John S. Owens, p 157 - p 158.
- Sixty Years Ago, p 158.
- Stranding of the Cross-Channel Steamer Newhaven, p 158.
- The British Empire Exhibition, Engineering Exhibits, (No. XVI), p 150 - p 155. (Illustrated).
- General Engineering Exhibits
- Electrical Engineering Exhibits
- The Gauging of Finish-ground Worms by Cylinders, by Henry E. Merritt, p 162 - p 163.
- The Leafield Wireless Station, Institution of Electrical Engineers, p 155 - p 156, and p 160. (Illustrated).
- The Scapa Flow Salvage Operations, p 158.
- "Willing Worker" Circular Saw Bench, p 158. (Illustrated).
Sources of Information