Thomas Henry Wyatt
Thomas Henry Wyatt (1807-1880)
1881 Obituary 
. . . It was originally intended that he should follow a mercantile profession, and he was sent to Malta for that purpose; but a short time before the death of his father he returned to England, and, being always fond of architecture, he entered the office of the late Philip Hardwick, R.A., M. Inst. C.E., and was afterwards placed by him in a position of considerable trust, in superintending the construction of the new warehouses then being erected at the St. Katherine's Docks, upon the engineering designs of Mr. Telford.
On leaving Mr. Hardwick, he commenced business on his own account, and obtained from the Metropolitan Magistrates the appointment of District Surveyor for Hackney, which he held for about thirty years, but eventually resigned, on account of the pressure of more purely architectural business. . .His professional work increasing rapidly, he took into partnership, in 1838, David Brandon, a connection which lasted thirteen years, and together they designed many important buildings, among which may be named the Cambridge County Courts, the Wilts and Bucks Lunatic Asylums, the Brecon and Usk County Courts, and many large mansions and private residences. . . .