Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 138,218 pages of information and 223,604 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Situated approximately 3 miles from Swansea, the Upper Forest Works was the first of its kind in Morriston. 
1845 The works were commenced by William Hallam, of W. Hallam and Co, on the site of a gist mill. The tin works were worked by water power at the beginning when it consisted of one mill.
The Worcester works later absorbed the Upper Forest Works; the combined undertaking was responsible for a large proportion of the output of the Port.
1898 The works were registered as the Upper Forest and Worcester Steel and Tinplate Works Ltd in October. The buildings of the two works covered an area of 20 acres and in addition, 40 acres of supplementary land were included in the firm's property.