Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,410 pages of information and 211,627 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Albion Street works, Birmingham. Telephone: Central 1729. Cables: "Alberts, Birmingham"
1860 The company was founded by W. H. Wilmot, in Spencer Street, Birmingham. It first specialised in handmade gold chains, especially Watch Alberts.
1893 It moved to its larger premises at 62-64 Albion Street where they are currently based (06/08). The extra space gave them the opportunity to produce ladies fancy gold watch bracelets.
1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Premo and Premier Gold Expanding Bracelets for Watches. Gold Chains, Alberts, Dress Chains, Necklets, Guards, Bracelets, etc., in 9ct., 15ct., 18ct., also Red and White Gold and Platinum. Diamond Rings. Birmingham Jewellers' and Silversmiths' Association. (Stand Nos. J.43 and J.54) 
1932 A disastrous fire resulted in the opening of a modern new factory which focused on light engineering techniques, enabling the development of special tooling and machinery, and the constant updating equipment, to ensure that their designs are always produced to the most sophisticated level of quality and craftsmanship possible.
1959 Saunders, Shepherd and Co acquired the company
W. H. Wilmot has manufactured for some of the major international watch houses.
1999 Following a request from one of its big customer Wilmot started producing watches complete with movements.