Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,951 pages of information and 233,606 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Later, he emigrated but when WW1 commenced he returned to the UK
Using funds from his mother, Whitehead bought the old Richmond Drill Hall for his first premises. After building an initial batch of small B.E.2bs, he quickly secured a large contract to build Maurice Farman trainers.
He acquired Hanworth Park which became the site of Hanworth Aerodrome
1916 The Whitehead Aircraft Company was put into voluntary liquidation; the New Whitehead Aviation Construction Company acquired its business and assets
1917 In financial difficulties, on the strength of the Sopwith contracts, acquired capital in the City to promote Whitehead Aircraft Ltd in 1917, with himself as managing director.
1917 Whitehead Aircraft (1917) Ltd was formed to take over and expand the business of Whitehead Aircraft Ltd
Whitehead Aircraft did good business during WWI, but when the war ended in 1918 the company stalled.
Possible connected with Amalgamated Motors
1929 Company removed from the register of joint stock companies