Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,116 pages of information and 231,598 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
belonged to the Metropolitan Electric Supply Co
Also known as the Acton Lane Power Station
1899 built by the Metropolitan Electric Supply Co Limited.
1900 Description: 16 Babcock and Wilcox boilers, 8 of which had Vicar's automatic stokers. Three 2500 IHP British Westinghouse compound vertical engines, each driving a 1500 kW 2 phase 500 volt alternator.. It was intended to have 18 engines ultimately 
1912 A correspondent to The Times identified the Willesden Junction station as one of 6 which should be considered for bulk supply in an integrated London network; it generated 2 phase 60 Hz 10kV, with AC distribution at 100V and 200V.
1925 This was one of four stations (the others being Bow, Deptford East and Grove Road, St John's Wood) which continued in operation following the formation of the London and Home Counties Joint Electricity Authority in 1925; many other, smaller stations in central London were closed.