Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 144,939 pages of information and 230,620 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of West Street, Sheffield and of Hanley Street, Birmingham. London Office: 11 Warwick Court, High Holborn, WC1. (1922) Showrooms: 7 Farringdon Road, London, EC (1914)
Huttons are a long established and very large scale producer, starting life in 1800 and its name is still trading today.
Much of their early success was due to the licence granted to them by Elkington and Co to use their recently invented electroplating process.
Huttons developed a new nickel alloy in the late 19th Century that was ideal for plating purposes. It was called British Plate and is identifiable on EP flatware by the "BP" mark. They are an example of a company who machine-made silver flatware in Sheffield and sent them to be hallmarked in London.
1861 Manufacturer of Electro and German Silver Plated Goods employing 34 men, 35 women and 37 boys.
1893 Incorporated as a limited company.
1894 Advert from Kelly's Directory.
Huttons were renowned for the quality of their arts and crafts silverware at the turn of the 19th/20th Centuries.
1915 Joined with the Sheffield Flatware Co
1922 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Silver, Electro-plate, Cutlery, Stainless Steel, Britannia Metal, Pewter and Fancy Metal Goods. Bag Frames, etc. (Stand No. D.57) 
1930 The company was taken over by James Dixon and Sons.