William Jones Clifton and Co
of 68 Hanson Street, Marylebone, London, W1. Telephone: Museum 9622. Cables: "Eziboss, Wesdo, London"
1838 William Jones Clifton Ltd was first founded and based in Silver Street just off Oxford Street, London, where the company specialised in the manufacture of "die sink engraving".
In the early 1900's the business relocated to new premises close to St. Paul's Cathedral.
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
WWII The building was severely damaged by bombing during the War, resulting in another relocation to Hanson Street, close to the original location off Oxford Street.
1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Embossing Presses, Rubber Stamps, Stationers' Sundries, Nameplates, Engraving. Machinists of Plastic Materials. Plastic Display Stands. (Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand No. H.2174) [1]
1966 The company relocated to King's Lynn in Norfolk, from where the business expanded into a geographically based group of manufacturing operations throughout England and Scotland by the late 1980s.
- Note: (10/08)
- The company is now located in Birmingham and has its own website: [1]