Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,669 pages of information and 247,074 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

William Thomas (1867-1928)

From Graces Guide

William Thomas (1867-1928)



1928 Obituary [1]

WILLIAM THOMAS was born at Neath, Glamorgan, in 1867, and was for very many years chief engineer for Messrs. Robert B. Byass and Company of Port Talbot. He had been responsible for the construction and equipment of much of the firm's tinplate and expanded metal works.

He served his apprenticeship at Messrs. Vivian and Sons' works at Port Talbot, and first joined Messrs. Robert B. Byass and Company in 1887 to be in charge of their fitting shop.

In later years he also acted as consulting engineer to Messrs. Eagle, Bryn and Cwmavon Brick Works Company and to Messrs. Copper Miners' Tinplate Company, both of Port Talbot.

He became a Member of the Institution in 1925, and his death occurred on 31st March 1928.



See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information