Willow Autocycle Company, of Victoria, London.
- Willow was a scooter produced in 1920. This machine used a complete Auto Wheel as its rear wheel and had two simple tubes to support a bicycle saddle, plus two more to support the steering head. Everything was then connected together with a stout wooden foot-board of ash, to give better flexibility and comfort than a metal frame. This was definitely a bonus, as the whole machine was otherwise unsprung. The engine was a 117cc aiv four-stroke, controlled by a single handlebar-lever. The tubular fuel tank was above the wheel, the Auto Wheel standard practice.
- They also produced a 269cc Villiers powered scooter.
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X
- The Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle by Peter Henshaw. Published 2007. ISBN 978 1 8401 3967 9