John Dewhurst and Son: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown) | |||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image: | [[Image: Im18950726PE-Dewhurst.jpg|thumb|1895. ]] | ||
[[Image:Im18960509IM-Dewhurst.jpg|thumb| May 1896.]] | |||
of Atterclliffe Road, Sheffield | of Atterclliffe Road, Sheffield | ||
Line 9: | Line 10: | ||
1892 the business was converted into a private limited company. John Dewhurst died this year. | 1892 the business was converted into a private limited company. John Dewhurst died this year. | ||
1898 Thomas James Robinson of [[John Robinson|Royds Foundry]], Attercliffe, petitioned to wind up [[John Dewhurst and Son]]<ref>The London Gazette 26 April 1898</ref>. [[John Henry Dewhurst]] and [[George Longden]] were trading as John Dewhurst and Son<ref>London Gazette 27 May 1898</ref> | 1898 Thomas James Robinson of [[John Robinson (of Sheffield)|Royds Foundry]], Attercliffe, petitioned to wind up [[John Dewhurst and Son]]<ref>The London Gazette 26 April 1898</ref>. [[John Henry Dewhurst]] and [[George Longden]] were trading as John Dewhurst and Son<ref>London Gazette 27 May 1898</ref> | ||
1902 converted into a private limited company | 1902 converted into a private limited company |
Latest revision as of 15:13, 30 October 2018


of Atterclliffe Road, Sheffield
1873 Business established, presumably, by John Dewhurst
1891 John Henry Dewhurst joined his father in partnership
1892 the business was converted into a private limited company. John Dewhurst died this year.
1898 Thomas James Robinson of Royds Foundry, Attercliffe, petitioned to wind up John Dewhurst and Son[1]. John Henry Dewhurst and George Longden were trading as John Dewhurst and Son[2]
1902 converted into a private limited company
Later larger works were installed at Tinsley, Sheffield.
presumably some connection with Dewhurst's Engineering Co