E. Youngs and Co: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown) | |||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image:Im1912Nor-Youngs.jpg|thumb| 1912. ]] | |||
[[Image:E_Young01.jpg|thumb|Portable engine at [[Bressingham Steam Museum]]]] | [[Image:E_Young01.jpg|thumb|Portable engine at [[Bressingham Steam Museum]]]] | ||
[[Image:E_Young02.jpg|thumb|Portable engine at [[Bressingham Steam Museum]]]] | [[Image:E_Young02.jpg|thumb|Portable engine at [[Bressingham Steam Museum]]]] | ||
Line 24: | Line 25: | ||
* Steam Engine Builders of Norfolk by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1948 by The Augustine Steward Press | * Steam Engine Builders of Norfolk by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1948 by The Augustine Steward Press | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: Youngs}} | |||
{{DEFAULTSORT: Youngs, E}} | |||
[[Category: Town - Diss]] | [[Category: Town - Diss]] | ||
[[Category: Portable Engines]] | [[Category: Portable Steam Engines]] |
Latest revision as of 12:45, 3 March 2017




of Waveney Ironworks, Victoria Road, Diss
1879 Elijah Youngs listed in Victoria Road
Later took George Unwin and W. Swootman as partners
Produced portable and semi-portable steam engines
c.1908 portable engine on display at Bressingham Steam Museum, sole survivor of about 14 portable engines
1924 became a limited liability company
1939 The company was acquired by Sturgeon Brothers
See Also
Sources of Information
- Steam Engine Builders of Norfolk by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1948 by The Augustine Steward Press