Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,713 pages of information and 247,105 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Keats and Bexon: Difference between revisions

From Graces Guide
PaulF (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
PaulF (talk | contribs)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
[[Image:Im20110531Beck-i212+.jpg|thumb| Heeling machine for boots and shoes. Exhibit at [[Beck Isle Museum]]. ]]
[[Image:Im20110531Beck-i212+.jpg|thumb| Heeling machine for boots and shoes. Exhibit at [[Beck Isle Museum]]. ]]


Established in 1870s as Keats Brothers and Co at Gaol Road, Stafford.
[[Image:Im201210-Keats1.jpg|thumb| Leather cutter. ]]
[[Image:Im201210-Keats2.jpg|thumb| Leather cutter (detail). ]]
 
Established in 1870s as [[Keats and Brothers]] at Gaol Road, Stafford.


In 1890 moved to Albion works, Marston Road, Stafford.
In 1890 moved to Albion works, Marston Road, Stafford.


c1900 Purchased the boot-making business from [[W. H. Dorman]].
c1900 Purchased the boot-making machinery business from [[W. H. Dorman and Co]].


1904 Renamed as Keats and Buxton
1904 Renamed as [[Keats and Bexon]]


1916 Moved to Corporation Street, Stafford.
1916 Moved to Corporation Street, Stafford.
Line 22: Line 25:
{{DEFAULTSORT: }}
{{DEFAULTSORT: }}
[[Category: Town - Stafford]]
[[Category: Town - Stafford]]
[[Category: Stationary Engines]]
[[category: Leather Machinery]]

Latest revision as of 12:16, 19 October 2016

1920s.
Heeling machine for boots and shoes. Exhibit at Beck Isle Museum.
Leather cutter.
Leather cutter (detail).

Established in 1870s as Keats and Brothers at Gaol Road, Stafford.

In 1890 moved to Albion works, Marston Road, Stafford.

c1900 Purchased the boot-making machinery business from W. H. Dorman and Co.

1904 Renamed as Keats and Bexon

1916 Moved to Corporation Street, Stafford.

1967 Company closed.

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information